How to Add Subtitles to a Video Permanently [5 Best Ways]
Download Video Converter Ultimate for Free！
How to Add Subtitles to a Video Permanently (Recommended!)
- The user-friendly interface makes it easy to add subtitles to a video with 3 steps;
- Compatible with various video input formats to add subtitles;
- Ultra-high output quality options, such as HD, 4K, 5K, and 8K Ultra HD, are provided;
- Easily convert video and audio in bulk to over 1000 formats fully compatible with mainstream platforms;
- Customized output settings, like changing video/audio code, sample rate, bitrate, etc.;
- Ultrafast speeds up to 50X are provided to export video.
Step 1. Download and Launch VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate
Step 2. Open the Edit Subtitles Windows.
Step 3. Convert Subtitled Videos
How to Add Subtitles to a Video Permanently with Handbrake
How to Embed Subtitles to a Video Permanently in VLC
Add Subtitles in VLC on Windows
Add Subtitles in VLC on Mac
How to Permanently Add Subtitles to a Movie Online
How to Create SRT Files and Merge Subtitles Permanently
How to create an SRT file on Mac
How to create an SRT file on Windows
Comparison of 5 Ways to Add Subtitles to a Video
Windows & Mac
Multiple Input Formats
Video editing tools
FAQs about Adding Subtitles to Video
Where to Download Subtitles for Videos?
There are various websites that can help you get subtitles; VideoHunter is recommended because it can help you download videos with subtitles from most platforms or simply download the subtitle files with no cost. You can also try OpenSubtitles and Moviesubtitles.org, which have subtitles for some of the most popular movies and TV shows.
How to Add Subtitles to Youtube Video?
Step 1. Preparation for adding subtitles
You need to log in to Youtube Studio, and then hit the Subtitles button from the left menu. Choose the video file that you want to add subtitle text. Make sure your file type is supported by YouTube before you begin.
Step 2. Two ways to add subtitles
After the preparation done, select your preferred language after clicking the ADD LANGUAGE button. Then you can add subtitles by clicking the ADD button. You can choose to add subtitles by automatic recognition or type the text manually.
How to Add Subtitles to a Video on iPhone?
- On the timeline, tap the clip you wish to edit.
- Tap the T icon from there. After you do that, numerous styles will start to appear.
- Simply input the text for that specific clip after choosing the appropriate style.
- Choose the location where your captions will appear.
- To make sure your subtitles are correct, play the video.
- It’s simple to modify if you see a spelling error or incorrect word. You must return to edit mode, choose the clip, then hit the T icon.
- Tap done after you’re satisfied with your creative efforts and subtitles.
What is the Difference Between SRT/ASS/SSA Subtitles?
SubRip Text is abbreviated as SRT. This is the most basic text subtitle type, consisting of a numeric counter, the time, and the subtitle text.
SubStation Alpha is abbreviated as SSA. It is more potent than SRT. It offers a variety of colors, typefaces, and unique effects.
ASS is an abbreviation for Advanced SubStation Alpha. It covers all of the characteristics of SSA as well as extensions based on the basic SSA features.